Re: Postfix in unstable made my system an open spam relay

Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org> writes:

> bruce@perens.com (Bruce Perens) writes:
>
> > WARNING: The postfix snapshot in unstable, when installed, makes my system into
> > an open relay. It happens here with the default configuration. I had to fall
> > back to the one in unstable.
>
> 	Most likely you are being bitten by Wietse's weird idea that
> 	hosts in networks local to the SMTP server should be allowed
>         to relay. In the days of cable modem networks, this is quite
>         a stupid policy to have by default. Stop blaming the guy who
>         maintains the Debian package, fix your policy and agree with
>         some of us that Wietse is not always right. (Nice blocktext)

But allowing relay from 192.168.0.0/16 is OK ? I'm the maintainer
of the Courier mail server, where this is the default.

Bye
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices