Re: apache2: clearing the air [please read]

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:57:14AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > If you scrolled down further, you'd see that apache2 doesn't provide any
> > of the webserver packages. (It doesn't conflict with apache, mind, as it
> > was designed to, and does, work side-by-side).
>
> This strikes me as quite short-sighted. What about transitions from
> apache to apache2? Is debian not even going to try to provide an upgrade
> path from the one to the other? apache 1.x WILL die some day.

I'm not getting your point. They run side-by-side, but I don't know if
an upgrade path will ever be possible, because of the wildly different
nature of the two. Have we got a Netscape->Konq upgrade path yet? (Don't
laugh, it's proposing more or less the same thing).

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<pH0XpH1R3> man page ?