Re: automake 1.5

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 02:25:38AM -0700, Neil Spring wrote:
> I think deciding how to proceed would be easier if we
> knew^1:
>  1) how many of the 294 actually break
>  2) how many are:
>    a) fundamental automake 1.5 vs 1.4 architectural changes
>    b) automake 1.5 new bugs
>    c) upstream package bugs
>  3) how many of the failures can't be fixed elegantly
>    with Kevin's help to remove the automake dependency,
>    or upstream (automake) bugfixes.

4) how many of these are in base/standard, which are allegedly frozen
   and trying to freeze respectively

The following required/important/standard packages build-depend on
automake (haven't checked tasks, though):

  db2                   required
  db3                   required
  shadow                required
  tar                   required
  textutils             required
  cyrus-sasl            important
  nano                  important
  libnss-db             standard
  make                  standard
  mtr                   standard
  pidentd               standard

Has anybody checked if all of the above still build?