Re: ddtp: new notifications mails, opt-in or opt-out?

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 12:18:46AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 03:40:58PM +0200, Sebastian Rittau wrote:

> > Why should people (like me) who favor opt-out over opt-in have raised
> > their voice?
>
> Uh, so that your concerns get considered and the issue is resolved in
> a fair way?

I would raise my voice in an actual discussion about this topic, but I
haven't seen anything worth the name "discussion" on this topic, yet.
So maybe now that grisu has resolved the most annoying problems with the
automatic mail notification, we could start a real discussion about
opt-in or opt-out.

> (And "me too" isn't helpful support, any more than "this sux!" is an
> intelligent objection)

Agreed. I think grisu already made a comparison of the pros and cons
of opt-out.

 - Sebastian