Re: how to fight back against Michael Bramer's spam

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:51:00PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Michael Bramer wrote:
>
> > the ddts will have this feature in future:
> >  you can send a [NO]NOTIFICATION mail to the server and you will [not]
> >  get the notification mails from the server. This will all base not on
> >  the package name (old system) but base on the email address from the
> >  sid packages file.
>
> gah, you did that wrong.
>
> Use the Maintainer's file.  This file is supposed to be used for exactly this
> reason.

thanks for this note.

But why use the ftp master this file not for the Packages file (as a
override of the information in the .deb package)?

Gruss
Grisu
the steps:  "What's Linux?", "Should we use Linux?", "How do we use Linux?",
"Should we switch to a different flavor of Linux, or keep the one we're using now?"