Re: dpkg -l and other tools do not report all packages?

Previously Erik Steffl wrote:
>   dselect is a front-end, dpkg is low level tool, why should dselect be
> needed to make dpkg work? why should dselect even be installed?

Because Jason decided to use a different database when he wrote
apt.

>   am I the only one that sees this as a design flaw (a major one (MS
> style))?

If you have been reading debian-devel and/or debian-dpkg you would
have seen that we agree that that is a design flaw.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |