Re: kernel-source-2.4.9-1 builds but does not boot

#include <hallo.h>
José Luis Rey wrote on Wed Oct 03, 2001 um 06:21:23PM:

>    image=/vmlinuz.test
>         label=Test
>         read-only
>         initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.9-test

The location with the current kernel-package is /initrd. Please make
sure you are using the latest kernel-package, during the transition
there were broken versions which may lead to a such trouble.

> I think this had to do with the devfs thing, so I re-made the kernel
> without DEVFS support and ext2 in the kernel and it booted.

Maybe another thing. If you enable the option to auto-mount devfs on
/dev, you probably won't be able to mount /dev/hdXY since the device
file is hidden. So either use the old names and no devfs, or devfs and
the new device names.

Montag ist eine furchtbare Art, ein Siebtel seines Lebens zu
verbringen. (Gerd Schmerse in detebe)