Re: ddts: notification about fr translation of the hostname description

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:56:57PM -0500, Vince Mulhollon wrote:
> As an offer of peace, I would gladly compromise with you, that if we agree
> the ddts emails are spam, that your complaints about them are also spam.
> (In fact your complaints are worse spam, because they certainly offend more
> people at once, and don't even attempt to contain any useful information,
> and do not relate to the list charter, but I'll settle for the mere public
> admission that your complaints are spam).  If you'll acknowledge that, then
> please donate your $1000 to Debian for spamming debian-devel.  Thanks in
> advance.  If you don't have the fortitude to pay up, then that weakens your
> position even further in the debate.

If this is trying to be a logical argument, note that the $1000 payment
is for "commercial advertising"
(http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#ads).

(I don't care enough about the rest to dive in, but I like flamewars to
contain some element of fact ...)