Re: Cargal.org donates 20gig harddisk

Em Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:06:05 +0200
Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> escreveu:

> * Carlos Laviola <claviola@debian.org> [20011003 01:53]:
> > FWIW, this harddisk would be pretty useful for the Brazilian mirrors.
>
> I don't think shipping it from Europe to Brazilia makes much sense.
> You'd have to pay customs duties and it might even get stolen during
> transport (if I should believe the horror stories about the Brazilian
> post service).
well, I never lost a thing that I mailed but I had some problems with posting
services... but no, you should not believe those stories... brazilian post
service is a very good one and people here is very confident about it...

and this hd would have to be mailed to Rio de Janeiro, that is where
Carlos lives...

> FWIW, I'd love to see this hard disk given to the guys in Bosnia &
> Hercegovina (see the other discussion).

I completely agree with that, this way they could begin a mirror
in there, or such...

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>