Re: BRLTTY .deb pack?

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Osvaldo La Rosa wrote:

> Hi, I'm just asking myself why there were not until now any brltty
> pack for Debian? No mather if you haven't braille at startpoint, if a
> well-seeing person installs Debian for blind persons, it should be
> very easy and fast to be able to apt-get install brltty.
>
> Could this be a project for the next release (or do all blind have to
> buy SuSE-Blinux by force? :-) I do prefer the gnu/gpl & commandline
> orientation of Debian, but this brailel problem isn't solved until now.
> As moderator of a dutch and a french Blinux mlist, I'd like to tell to
> my friends that something is comming soon. Am I right? ? ? Tell it me.

AFAIK, there's no support for blind people in Debian yet, since nobody
went through the trouble of doing the necessary things to make it
possible.

("apt-cache search blind" returns only "KBattleship". But as this is a KDE
game, I doubt it's something interesting for blind people ;-)

If you tell us what you need, I might be interested in packaging it...

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- From the movie "Antitrust"