Re: Excluding a binary package from Debian archives

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> Please CC me in replies, I am currently not subscribed to -devel.
[...]
> packages mkinitrd-cd and gibraltar-bootsupport. But only the package
> mkinitrd-cd is interesting for Debian users / developers, the
> gibraltar-bootsupport package is very Gibraltar specific and has no use
> elsewhere.
> What should I do when I upload the package so that the old source
> package gets removed from the archive and the gibraltar-bootsupport
> package gets excluded from the upload and from the automatic build on
> Debian machines.

Is Debian really that unpopular on Gibraltar?

Why not simply include them, so that Debian users in Gibraltar can use it?

If you really think it serves no purpose at all, then comment the build
for the gibraltar-specific package out in your debian/rules file.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- From the movie "Antitrust"