Re: Purposely broken/uninstallable packages in archive

Em Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:01:24 -0400
Norbert Veber <nveber@debian.org> escreveu:

> It looks like more and more of these are popping up.  It seems to me that
by the way, I think we're losing lots of the benefits our release/test cycle
is suppose to give us... I see many people making last-hour changes and
rapdly upgrading the upstream version of their packages so that they'll
reach woody's release these packages are missing lots of testing....
major changes and version upgrades should not be left to the last months
of the cycle IMHO...

> I am writing here so that this can be discussed.  I filed grave bugs on some
> of these packages which were imediatelly downgraded by their respective
> maintainers to a wishlist severity, and tagged "wontfix".
that's abuse IMO if the bugs are real bugs...

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |