Re: A language by any other name

Stephen Stafford writes:
> en_UK doesn't exist as a locale AFAIK, it is en_GB I believe.

http://www.bcpl.net/~jspath/isocodes.html lists UK as United Kingdom and GB
as Great Britain but digitalid.verisign.com/ccodes.html lists only GB and
as United Kingdom.  It lists nothing for UK.  I guess UK is one of those
historical leftovers that http://www.bcpl.net/~jspath/isocodes.html admits
to including.  I guess somebody needs to tell the KDE folks that they are
living in the 1960's.

> The difference between "United KIngdom" and "Great Britain" is rather
> blurred.

Yes.  I was interested in the difference between the two dialects of
english :)

> However, it appears to be that "Great Britain" comprises England,
> Scotland and Wales, whereas "United Kindom" adds Northern Ireland to
> that.

Surely there are locales for welsh and Scottish gaelic?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)