Re: [Maxima] Future of maxima

    Camm> Is there any interest in forming a group to continue the development
    Camm> and maintenance of maxima?  I for one would certainly be interested in

Richard Stallman has asked for volunteers for a new maintainer for gcl
and maxima.

    Camm> helping.  My qualifications are: Ph.D. in theoretical physics (and the
    Camm> skills in mathematics pertaining thereunto :-)), fluent programming in
    Camm> C, years of experience with Linux development tools, maintain Debian
    Camm> maxima package.  Unfortunately, I currently have little ability in
    Camm> Lisp, and am not very familiar with the maxima code base.

    Camm> Anyone else interested?  It would seem that Lisp programmers and
    Camm> experienced Maxima/Macsyma users would be in high demand.  If it would
    Camm> be helpful, we might even avail ourselves of sourceforge.net, and
    Camm> announce elsewhere.

I am willing to help with maxima, but don't think I can give it the
time it needs.  I'd basically keep maxima running on cmucl and/or
clisp.  Perhaps some changes to various other parts when bugs are
encountered.  Currently, I was thinking of adding some more support
for elliptic functions and integrals.

But in any case, what better way to honor his memory than to keep
maxima (and gcl) well?

Ray