Future of maxima

Greetings, and thanks for your posted fix.  This has brought up an
issue I've been meaning to raise since the loss of our dear friend
Dr. Schelter.

Is there any interest in forming a group to continue the development
and maintenance of maxima?  I for one would certainly be interested in
helping.  My qualifications are: Ph.D. in theoretical physics (and the
skills in mathematics pertaining thereunto :-)), fluent programming in
C, years of experience with Linux development tools, maintain Debian
maxima package.  Unfortunately, I currently have little ability in
Lisp, and am not very familiar with the maxima code base.

Anyone else interested?  It would seem that Lisp programmers and
experienced Maxima/Macsyma users would be in high demand.  If it would
be helpful, we might even avail ourselves of sourceforge.net, and
announce elsewhere.

Take care,