Re: Preview of new Ghostscript packages - please test

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 10:09:34PM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> > Is that a good idea?  I know the scripts have changed between GNU and
> > Aladdin GS, to make things somewhat more secure.  You naturally won't
> > be able to use the Aladdin versions in gs-common, but that means that
> > you will lose features.
>
> A bit more data... I'm not sure there are any differences between GNU
> GS 6.51 and AFPL 7.00 in this area, but there are changes in CVS HEAD,
> so when that releases, there will be differences.  Two I know of are
> pdfopt and pdf2ps.

I am going to throw away the upstream scripts anyway and replace them with
my own for now. Maybe I will revert that change again but maintaining
those scripts was a nightmare because I had to patch them to be secure
and each new upstream changed a colon or something in the scripts...

Thanks

	Torsten