proposal for an Apache (web server) task force

Hi,

I would like to propose to form an Apache (web server) task force to maintain the
Apache packages currently maintained by Johnie Ingram (netgod) (and potentially
related packages if the need arises).  The current state of Apache and the recent
need to fix at least some of the outstanding bugs led me to the conclusion a more
active maintenance of these packages is needed.  The intend of this proposal is
not to simply take over the packages (although it might come to that), but to help
in the maintenance of them.

As the first step I propose to add an Uploaders field to the package (once we have
a list of people).

Some of the other things this task force would do are

 - writing up guidelines for packaging Apache modules (a kind of policy doc)
 - migration to Apache 2 (IIRC an ITP for this has already been filed by somebody)

I also propose to set up a mailing list for this.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij