Re: splitting /var/lib/dpkg/status and handling desc translation (was: ddts notification)

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 08:55:44AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > > You want to handle 2 by putting the translation in the package.
> >
> > No, I want it to be possible to have it in the package, but it might
> > be elsewhere as well. Putting all translations in all packages doesn't
> > scale, but having multiple translations in a package can be useful (think
> > packages not in a full archive, for example a vendor shipping debs on a
> > CD).
>
> So, you want to make possible for a package to contain meta-data about
> another package, am I right ? Or are you thinking about a separate file, not
> in a package, like the Packages.gz is ?

IMHO he thinking about this way:
   The translations should in (optional) in the deb file of a package
  and
   'elsewhere as well', like a Packages.gz or a Description.gz or a ...
   for the archive (for apt-get update and co)

Gruss
Grisu
 Es fehlen Informationen der Inhaltsratgeberkonfiguration.
                                            (aus einer Programmfehlermeldung)