Re: root rm: Permission denied (Was: unable to stat `./usr/share/ man/man3/qcanvas.3qt.gz')

On approximately Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 11:29:09AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 04:52:45PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> >
> > You notice this on ext2 when an inode has been corrupted. There's a 50%
> > chance the immutable bit may have been set, leading people to wonder why
> > they can't delete the file even as root.
> >
> > I don't know whether reiserfs has such a bit though.
>
> reiserfs has no such immutable bit.

It may very well be that your reiserfs is corrupted.  I had the same
sort of errors happen to me.  Maybe check your syslogs and see if
there is any strange errors from reiserfs.

Josh
--
Linux, the choice          | It's the thought, if any, that counts!
of a GNU generation   -o)  |