Re: isdnutils getting into testing is a problem...

On Wed 12 Sep 2001, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >Anyway: The problem is that a couple of the packages generated from
> >isdnutils source are applicable for all architectures, and most are only
> >usable where certain (ISDN) hardware is supported by the linux kernel.
> >isdnlog-data falls under the second category, BUT it's data that's
> >architecture-independent.  It exists to supply isdnlog with knowledge of
> >area codes, costs etc. for calls logged by the system. So it's marked
> >architecture: any, and depends: isdnlog.
>
> If it's just data, can you arrange to get it into a form that can be
> Architecture: all?

Oops. I messed up in my text above. It *is* architecture: all.
If it wasn't, I wouldn't have any problems with listing the individual
architectures it can be used on.  I actually spent a lot of time to get
the data in an architecture-independent form (i.e. byte order
independent), together with upstream, resulting in a rewrite of some
parts of the data accessing routines.

But I would have thought that the fact that it's actually Architecture:
all  would be apparent from the rest of my text; I apologize for the
confusion caused anyway.

Paul Slootman