Re: Request for testers for new gphoto package

On Sun 09 Sep 2001, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> I would appreciate it if people (with digital cameras) tested this new
> version and sent me some feedback regarding its failure/success. Please
> take heed that gphoto is a popular package and Anthony asked for no major
> changes in packages so I *really* want good reasons to upgrade this
> package.

Well, I've been using a version I compiled myself from CVS because the
debian package doesn't work with my Canon G1:
# gphoto2 --help | grep '^g'
gPhoto (v2.0beta1) - Cross-platform digital camera library.

However, I can't install your package:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gphoto:
 gphoto depends on libusb1; however:
   Package libusb1 is not installed.

# apt-get install libusb1
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libusb1 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package libusb1 has no installation candidate

There's some problem there... Apparently libusb1 was removed a couple of
weeks ago.

> PS: Please send copies to me and not to the list, in order to not clobber
> it (I'm not subscribed so keep that in mind)

To the list anyway to prevent others from running into the same problem
and wasting their time.

Paul Slootman