kswapd eating CPU power ... any ideas why?

Hello,

I'm working on a little project putting Debian on a CD. (Works great so
far, have X up and running, most likely just a kernel recompile away
from getting network etc. up too... (using tmpfs for rw directories, and
some symlinks). A friend is figuring out RedHat... we will publish what
we've done when we've got it all relatively nicely written out, if
anyone is interested?)

Anyway, the problem I have is, top is showing 99.8% CPU usage by
kswapd... any ideas why this might be? How can I find out what it is
doing?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe

ps. plz CC

--
To send me private (non-world-readable) mail, GPG encrypt it.
1024D/60715698: 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698