Re: ideas about how to package something

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:50:56PM -0400, Brandon L. Griffith wrote:

> Should I package each plugin seperately or make one large
> openverse-plugins.deb?

I would package them according to their size and external dependencies.
For example, I would package the plugin that requires dict separately,
but would package small plugins that have no external dependencies
together. Also, you could check, whether an external dependency is
really a dependency. If for example the dict plugin is very small, put
it in the main plugin package and make it popup a requester saying
"You need the dict package for this plugin." or something similar if
dict is not installed. That may even be a feature that's interesting
for upstream.

 - Sebastian