Re: Translating Debian packages' descriptions

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Also, I like that we use the gettext mechanism because at least we
> have no translated description when it has been updated instead of
> an outdated description. Better have a correct english description
> than a wrong translated one. This problem is common with debconf
> actually. [1]
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] For example, using my "fr" environnment I could'n reconfigure
>     debconf to use the Gnome frontend, it wasn't listed in the
>     proposed choices because the french translation was outdated and
>     didn't include the new Gnome frontend. The contrary can happen,
>     a choice has been removed but my french translation does still
>     propose it :(
>     I should have submitted a bug about this so that we can find a
>     solution for debconf ...

Maybe you missed my mail in which I stated that now that someone had
bothered to tell me this was a problem, I could fix in it about oh, 10
minutes.

The only reason I have not yet is that debconf is currently frozen,
along with the rest of the base system.

--
see shy jo