Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:11:56PM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:
> I'd have thought that the current situation re. maintainers putting
> translations into .debs makes it blindingly obvious that requiring them
> to do so in order for a translation to become available is a bad idea.

Do package descriptions change so regularly that translated descriptions
couldn't be submitted through the bug tracking system and included
in the next upload?

Most of my packages have never had their description changed from
when I first wrote it. It would be better if we could just include
translated descriptions in the debian/control file.

Hamish