Re: /usr/dict/ -> /usr/share/dict/ request (bug #110632)

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 05:50:05PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, one of the reason Debian made symlinks in
> /usr/doc is that there was software in Debian (for example, web servers)
> which used such symlinks.

no the symlinks in /usr/doc were created because dpkg was broken in
slink and early potato making upgrades impossible if /usr/doc was
simply turned into a symlink to share/doc outright.

once all packages are moved to using /usr/share/doc the /usr/doc
symlink will be removed.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/