Re: ALERT: XFree86 4.1.0-3 maintainer scripts hosed; please wait for 4.1.0-4

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 12:59:09AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
<snip>
> not at all, in fact everyone using woody/sid should have /bin/sh ->
> /bin/ash IMO.  it detects broken scripts much better and will make
> visible evil scripts using bashisms while still claiming to be posix
> (using #!/bin/sh instead of #!/bin/bash if the bashism is desired for
> who knows what reason).

Everyone except those of us who are tired of trying to put systems back
together after Xu screws up ash AGAIN and we only notice it when package
install scripts fsck up in unique ways.

Eventually you have to conclude that picking up after the messes that a
specific package keeps making is not worth the benefit of that package.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801