Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 04:21:12PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Even if you can't draw, you can recognize a great icon.
>
> That is very debatable. I may, for example be (color-)blind, or I may
> just suffer from bad taste, or I may not have any means of displaying
> icons on my terminal.
>
> > As you say, for a
> > translation, you rely on someone else ranting. What will you do if two
> > frenchs contact you with a translation each, saying each other translation
> > is bad ? (french writing is hard enough to make this possible). How why you
> > sort out who's right and who's wrong ?
>
> I call in a sufficient number of other frenchmen to get a consensus on
> who's right, or I talk to a single frenchman who I trust.
> Similar to how I would handle a peice of code that I cannot comprehend and
> that some people are arguing about.

Yes, sure, I always though that the maintainer have to understand all the
code of its packages (and that one of the reason why I never wanted to
become maintainer), but of course, you're one more time right...

> > > I think that could be a good idea.
> >
> > That's planned, no problem.
>
> Why wasn't it mentioned before?

If you mean 'why wasn't it mentioned in the proposal', the response is that
we did not think about that, and that the point were submitted somewhere in
the tread, and implemented since that day ;)

Bye, Mt.