Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

Martin Quinson wrote:
> Even if you can't draw, you can recognize a great icon.

That is very debatable. I may, for example be (color-)blind, or I may
just suffer from bad taste, or I may not have any means of displaying
icons on my terminal.

> As you say, for a
> translation, you rely on someone else ranting. What will you do if two
> frenchs contact you with a translation each, saying each other translation
> is bad ? (french writing is hard enough to make this possible). How why you
> sort out who's right and who's wrong ?

I call in a sufficient number of other frenchmen to get a consensus on
who's right, or I talk to a single frenchman who I trust. Similar to how
I would handle a peice of code that I cannot comprehend and that some
people are arguing about.

> > > Personally, I wonder if the /best/ solution would be similar to what we have
> > > in the archive now for overrides file:  create a central repository with all
> > > of the translations, used by the archive, so that there are no delays in
> > > making the translations available; but submit the translations to the
> > > maintainer, so that they can also be included in the .deb.
> >
> > I think that could be a good idea.
>
> That's planned, no problem.

Why wasn't it mentioned before?

--