Re: ALERT: XFree86 4.1.0-3 maintainer scripts hosed; please wait for 4.1.0-4

On Thursday 30 August 2001 11:57 pm, Calvin Chong wrote:
> You should NOT purge the ash package if you, by any means
> need something called 'initrd' or 'kernel-image'.

Why are these packages dependant on ash at all? I know Herbert Xu maintains
both ash and the kernel-image, but just to purge some ignorance (namely mine)
from the world, would someone explain this?

- David Nusinow
  krmt1984@ucla.edu