Re: [woodm@equire.com: XFree86 common]

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:40:03PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 08:34:45PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Give a person a fish, and he will won't starve today.  Teach him how
> > to fish, and he will never have to starve anymore.
> >

> The analogy is far from perfect, as it is seldom the same person twice
> anyway. And Branden often does explain briefly when he forwards
> messages to debian-x.

Of course the analogy only fits where the same person needs more than one
fish at all.  Also, in this case it was about a forward to debian-devel,
not to debian-x (I am not sure if he did CC it to the person having the
question.  If not, any explanation is probably without effect).  So, I
don't see your point.  Do you want to say that it is better to forward
the messages, or that there is seldom a difference?  Seldom means that
there are cases which do make a difference.  Aren't these cases worth it?

Thanks,
Marcus