Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 07:18:30PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Steve Greenland wrote:
> > I also think the standalone .deb argument is pretty bogus.
>
> I disagree. A standalone .deb should never be less useful to people then
> one that is in some archive.

a standalone .deb is not less useful with our proposal.
 - you can install the deb all the time.
 - if you have install the description-transltion package, you have
   the translated description
 - if the deb package is not from debian (or a other distributor) and
   the maintainer has include a .po file, it have the translation.

sorry, wichert, I don't see the 'less useful'? Can you give a hint?

Gruss
Grisu
Earth is flat,  pigs can fly, and nuclear power is safe.  (Greenpeace)