Re: ITC: dpkg-sysconfig

Ola Lundqvist (2001-08-27 14:03:29 +0200) :

> Well almost. A package that can help someone to install things
> to /etc (and other places).
>
> Ie:
>
> * You create a package:
>   host-foo.deb
>
> * This package install things to /usr/share/systemdir in a special
>   way.
>
> * The script is automaticly invoked on installation and the data
>   in that dir is used to configure your system.

  Maybe I misunderstood, but that looks like a registry to me.  You're
storing info in some central shared place, and using this info to
configure the applications afterwards.  I'm OK with it, but I guess
there was a reason for the debconf-is-not-a-registry error in lintian.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Using a big hammer without caution can cause big damage.
  -- PostgreSQL documentation, chapter 42