Re: Still no base tarball

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:44:50PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> See previous posting. I didn't realize that the tarball and the floppies
> were two different sets of data. The floppy images is the most useful way
> for these to be placed on the CD, although I could still make use of the
> basedebs tarball.

you have yet to state a single valid reason for placing the tarball on
the CDs.  keep in mind that adding the tarball to CD one means
removing 24MB worth of real .debs, making CD1 less useful.

floppy images are enough, there is no need for the tarball, if you
decide you need one, download it, or use debootstrap to make on using
CD1's package pool.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/