Re: Proposal: new alternatives links

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:07:09PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Even though you set Mail-Followup-To and Mail-Copies-To my MUA is
> configured to ignore them (broken fields that they are). It does
> follow Reply-To though.

why?

i can almost understand someone choosing to use a crappy mailer that
doesn't support the feature, but i can't at all understand deliberately
disabling a useful feature - even if it isn't an RFC standard yet.

mail-followup-to and mail-copies-to are THE solution to this perennial
flamewar. it's a way of allowing people to set their preferences just
once and then forget about it (when all/most MUAs support it, that is).

on tech lists like debian-devel, that's a fairly likely occurence. on
non-tech lists, someone like branden wouldn't notice the CCs because
they'd be lost in the noise of even more annoying email habits.

> Plus, only *you* have to set Reply-To whereas with your approach
> people have to remember what you do or don't like. Setting Reply-To
> will be simpler and reduce your frustration level.

now where would be the fun in that? brandon's buttons are so easy to
push.

craig

ps: your reply-to or whatever header was wrong. you had lists.debina.org
rather than lists.debian.org

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.