Re: Base System release critical bug status III

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 06:21:29PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Currently open RC bugs against base packages are: (by source package)
>
> APT Development Team <deity@lists.debian.org>
> 	apt 97364 open grave
>  		apt-cdrom needs support for woody CD's. Can be fixed by
>  		making apt-cdrom complain less, or worked removing the
>  		woody-secured tree from woody CD'db2 106082 open grave
> 		--> woody CD's will generate their own Packages/Release files

This bug seems to be the only one still open from this list, though I believe
other RC bugs have been opened against base packages since then.  Is the list
in debootstrap the official list of base packages?

> 	apt 107362 open serious
> 	apt 107395 open grave sid
> 		apt frequently doesn't work at all
> 		--> rumoured to be fixed in apt cvs

Downgraded to important

> Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
> 	console-common 107700 open grave
> 		some sort of upgrading bug; maintainer can't reproduce
> 		--> Needs to be investigated and/or downgraded

Fixed in 0.7.4

> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
>  	db2 106082 open grave
>  	db2 106663 open grave
>  		db2 not backwards compatible, breaks potato packages on
>  		partial upgrades
> 		--> ?

Both fixed in 2:2.7.7.0-1

> Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org>
> 	exim 106659 open serious
> 		exim needs to mkdir /etc/exim in preinst on upgrades
> 		--> simple fix, NMU?

Fixed in 3.32-1

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
> 	groff 107788 open serious
> 		HTML driver broken
> 		--> Version in testing is okay, freeze unaffected

Fixed in 1.17.2-6

> Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org>
> 	modutils 106933 open critical
> 		modutils broken on ppc