Re: soundtracker not updated ?

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 01:15:04AM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> We can at least make sure that a person who abuses the project, or the
> project's resources, can be either denied access, removed, or be
> 'deactivated'. At the moment, a sponsoree just needs to find a different
> sponsor. A sponsoree can only be 'managed' by a single developer, whereas a
> developer can be managed by the project (same goes for a sponsoree's actions
> versus a developer's actions)

Sure, you can impeach a developer, but it's not simple or precedented.
To deny access to a sponsoree, you simply mention what he or she did
wrong on debian-private (and maybe debian-devel), and if it's actually
something worth banning them for, nobody's going to sponsor them. And
if someone does, then that developer is putting _their_ reputation on
the line and you can impeach them.

Frankly, you can't stop any developer from getting the sources from
anywhere they want, short of kicking them out. If you upload the
package you take responsibility for it. If you think a particular
upstream or midstream is untrustworthy, than point it out; but in
general, that's the developer's choice and responsiblity.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and