Re: Debian doc-base policy.

Hello.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:34:34AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> >     Debian
>        -> for users or DDs or both?

I guess it's for both.
Debian FAQ, Debian Developer's Reference and so on will
be filed in this section.

> >     Graphics
>        -> would gnuplot go here or in math or science? (currently in math)
>        -> I something expect to see viewers here, except they
>           have their own section below.
(snip)
> >     Multimedia
>        -> everything including sound, but except viewers?
(snip)
> >     Networking
>        -> includes the privious mail section I guess

I can't find mail section in my PC, but I guess too.

> >     System Administration
>        -> Including Debian user manuals or not?

Well, I guess that all Debian-specific documents will filed in
Debian section.
So I guess Debian user manuals will be in Debian section.

> >     Text
>        -> as in text processing?  I'm never sure what that means
>           from the name. Change to "Text processing/typesetting" ?
> >     Viewers

Hmm... Viewers section may not be needed.
I guess that it can be merged into Text Processing and Graphics.

Regards,

--
Yoshito Komatsu <yoshito.komatsu@nifty.com>
GPG key fingerprint: 4E0C 2629 6DC7 5EA7 3957  8982 2156 1D44 D12C 489D