Re: Debian doc-base policy.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:48:55AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> I agree with Steve's comments, so I won't repeat them.
>
> I'll add:
>
>  - the current scheme has a top-level menu for Games split into
>    many subsections.  Are you proposing to drop it down into
>    Apps, adding an extra level of navigation?

Hi Peter.  One of my comments, indeed the main one, was an argument
in favour of removing "Apps" as a top-level menu of documentation.
Does your endorsement above not cover this removal?

>  - Terminal emulators (rxvt, xterm, etc) should keep a top-level
>    menu.  No-one want to navigate too much to open a terminal.

I thought we were talking of the *documentation* structure, not
the menu structure.  I don't think they need to be identical.
Indeed, they cannot be identical: not every document is associated
with a runnable program.

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,