Re: Debian doc-base policy.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:13:47AM +0900, Yoshito Komatsu wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:48:55AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> >  - Terminal emulators (rxvt, xterm, etc) should keep a top-level
> >    menu.  No-one want to navigate too much to open a terminal.
>
> I proposed including them in Shells and changing section's name,
> like "Shells and Terminal emulators".
> (It's too long. It should be changed to smarter name.)

Well, shells and terminal emulators are different things, so I'd suggest
a separate "Terminal Emulators" menu.  This name is not longer than
"System Administration", so it should be short enough.

The menu system's practice of calling terminal emulators "XShells" has
long annoyed me.  I don't know what an "xshell" is.  (Yes, obviously it
has an ostensive definition; that's not what I mean.  A real "X shell"
would probably be an interactive, interpreted environment for
the purpose of constructing and issuing raw X protocol requests.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Never underestimate the power of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human stupidity.