Re: Debian doc-base policy.

Hello.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:48:55AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:02:50PM +0900, Yoshito Komatsu wrote:
> >
> > > I updated a draft.
> >
> > Many thanks for taking the initiative on straightening out the
> > doc-base.  I think this will be a large help.
>
> Yes!

You're welcome.

> I'll add:
>
>  - the current scheme has a top-level menu for Games split into
>    many subsections.  Are you proposing to drop it down into
>    Apps, adding an extra level of navigation?

Well, I don't know well because there are no games in my PC,
but I guess that there are not so many documents related Games...

>  - I've wondering in the past if docs registered with doc-base
>    shouldn't be under a menu entry called Documentation (with the
>    action of lauching a web browser in its index page).  But
>    that's probably redundant (except users see the menu before
>    they learn of dwww, dhelp and doc-central).

This idea is interesting.

>  - Terminal emulators (rxvt, xterm, etc) should keep a top-level
>    menu.  No-one want to navigate too much to open a terminal.

I proposed including them in Shells and changing section's name,
like "Shells and Terminal emulators".
(It's too long. It should be changed to smarter name.)

Regards,

--
Yoshito Komatsu <yoshito.komatsu@nifty.com>
GPG key fingerprint: 4E0C 2629 6DC7 5EA7 3957  8982 2156 1D44 D12C 489D