Re: RedHat Compatibility

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 12:09:54PM +0100, Nick Phillips wrote:
> If you mean to say "I don't give a flying f*** about compatibility with
> RedHat because I don't care whether Debian gets used 'in the enterprise'
> or not", then say so. If you mean "I'd like to be RedHat-binary-compatible
> so that lots of people can get lots of use from Debian, but I'm only going
> to do it on my terms" then say so.

you're worrying about something that makes little practical difference.

those users who want to install proprietary software (e.g. oracle)
will run redhat anyway because their purchasing decisions include
non-technical factors like brand-name, commercial support, etc. they're
not going to use debian no matter how "RH-compatible" it is.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.