Re: Some icons are too big (Re: "Section" in *.doc-base file.)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Eray Ozkural wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 14 August 2001 07:54 pm, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > >
> > > /usr/share/doc/menu/menu.txt.gz says the icons should not be
> > > bigger than 32x32.  I wrote a quick perl script to find icons
> > > bigger than that on my system and came up with this list:
> >
> > Why that limitation?
>
> For systems not using true-color?

For m68k? (most m68k-machines don't have true color, since they're
usually quite old)

For users that fail to setup X so that it's using more than just 256
colors? (shouldn't happen with Branden's excellent packages, but one never
knows...)

For windowmanagers that only support icons with thos
limitations? (although I don't know of any such windowmanager)

Because using lots of true color-icons (with different colors) wastes
color space on 8 and 16 bit screens?

Because some people don't care about color, but prefer higher resolutions?

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"