Re: Intelligent mirroring

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 09:01:01PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> >
> > > Check the docs for rsync, but IIRC it is possible to tell rsync to look at
> > > timestamps and filesizes and skip files if they match. That should reduce
> > > most files to a simple stat().
> >
> > This is infact the default mode of operation.
>
> Is it? Ah yes, that's what the -I flag is for. However, it is not the
> default operation to transfer timestamps. You need the -t (or -a) flag to do
> that. Maybe that is his problem.

-I turns off this feature, no?

<quote src=rsync.1>
       -I, --ignore-times
          Normally rsync will skip any files that are already the
          same  length  and  have the same timestamp. This option
          turns off this behaviour.
</quote>

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.