Re: galeon won't start, who's at fault?

>> Jared Johnson <solomon@futureks.net> writes:

 > >  guess "you get the idea".  If you don't do that, that's a bug (and
 > >  guess who's going to report it :-)
 >
 > you can file the bug... i'll close it with the changelog for 0.11.4-1 :>

 (do you see the smiley I put there? good)

 > yes, but it will also be nice when mozilla gets updated it for it to not
 > be put on hold because of dependancy problems with galeon :)

 I beg your pardon?  You mean moving mozilla from unstable to stable?
 Bad luck.  System integrity is a top priority.  The unstable->testing
 scripts have to deal with it, not the other way arround.  (FWIW, I'm
 not sure if you are jesting about this or not)

 > build-depends: mozilla-dev (>= 2:0.9.1-4), mozilla-dev (<< 0.9.2) and
 > depends: mozilla-browser (>= 2:0.9.1-r), mozilla-browser (<< 0.9.2)

 Enquiring minds want to know... why put the Debian release number in
 there?  I *hope* 0.9.1-1 is compatible with 0.9.1-4, or is this another
 of those packages where the Debian release has an overloaded meaning?

 > galeon also depends on mozilla-mailnews (something which i also need to
 > add to the next upload), but i'm not sure skipstone does.

 It does?  Why?  "The web and only the web" is their motto, no?

--
Marcelo