rdp-client package

Hello all,

I'm the maintainer of rdesktop (being my first package) which is a
Microsoft Terminal Server client (more specifically an RDP/Remote Desktop
Protocol client). Anyway, there's now another RDP client which I also plan
to package up called rwin... it's based on rdesktop-1.0.0 with patches
applied... and it came into being because the rdesktop author apparently
doesn't have the time to merge them and roll out a new version. Anyway
since these both provide the same functionality, and since it's not
unlikely that other implementations appear over time, I'd like to create a
virtual package (correct terminology?)... rdp-client, or possibly just
tsclient (since referring to this as rdp-client is similar to referring to
xvnc as rfb-client - most people have NFI what RFB and RDP are).

So, how do I go about it? Do I need to register the name with anyone or is
posting here sufficient? Should I use the 'technically correct' name
'rdp-client' or something more obvious like 'tsclient' or, probably better
yet, 'terminal-server-client'. Remember this is an excellent marketing
gadget for us as it allows users to have a single windows terminal server
for MS Lookout (aka borgmail) and debian boxes on the desktop, so
terminal-server-client is good for users, rdp-client good for us geeks.

On a similar note, Matt Wilcox did an NMU for porting and since there's
apparently no i386 autobuilders floating around, i386 has been out of date
for 17 days or so. I've just recompiled and uploaded now, but I suspect I
now have to sit around and wait another 2-3 weeks for it to get into
testing since although there hasn't been any RC bugs against either for
weeks, it's been out of date for most of that :( Is this true? Anything I
can do about it?

- samj