Re: Debbugs: The Next Generation

Je Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:11:54 -0500 (CDT),
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> scribis:
> The proper way to do this, is to have a low-level(read c/c++) library that
> does the absolute bare minimum to store the data in some kind of back end.
> Then, the logic can be implemented in whatever language is desired.

I would go further, and say that what you really want is a BTS
*server*.  This completely seperates submitting and querying from
back-end processing (and makes you think about a suitable language for
manipulating bugs, without worrying too much about implementation).
I'd started working on such a thing, but got bored and lazy.  Oh,
well.

--
Itai Zukerman  <http://www.math-hat.com/~zukerman/>