Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:15:18PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> That's different though; it's never been installable for me,
>> apparently because the PowerPC autobuilder hasn't managed to build all
>> the packages in one run yet.  The package just changes too often.
>
> there is no non-US powerpc autobuilder, i don't think there is even
> a debian powerpc machine in non-US for developers to use, thus its
> the responsiblity of a powerpc porter to take care of building all
> non-US packages manually.

/me slaps forehead.  I forgot about the non-US issue.

Hopefully we'll be able to come up with a solution to this problem
eventually.  Did anyone ever figure out if tervola.debian.org could be
resuscitated and perhaps sent to someone outside the US?  If it's just
a disk crash, then it should be easy to get a new replacement disk...