Need devfs help

Hi list,

Compiling the latest kernel (2.4.7) I decided to enable devfs support
and also start devfsd at boot. Most things seem to work fine except
the sound card, the cdrom (both mounting and playing CDs) and cdrw,
Accessing these one gets complaints of /dev files missing.

Manually insmod-ing the emu10k1 module solved the sound problem. (How
to make it permanent?) Without devfsd all alsa modules loads OK. The
CD disk problems are still unresolved.

Disabling devfs att boot time (append="devfs=nomount") everytihng is
normal again (as for the non-devfs kernel-2.4.0)

Maybe the answers to my questions are given in an FAQ/HOWTO?

Svante