Re: mga.o version 3.0.x

>> Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:

 > Do I have to download the whole (or parts of) XFree86 tree from
 > dri.sourceforge.net or (xfree86.org) and compile my own mga.o or is it
 > available from somewhere?

 In principle, yes, in practice, no.

 You can get the DRM sources for the 4.x releases currently present in
 Debian from http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/dri/, the files are
 called drm-4.0.3.tar.gz (for current testing) and drm-4.1.0.tar.gz (for
 current unstable).

 There's a debconf note that tells you about other sources (its priority
 is not particularly high, nor should it, so it seems a number of people
 are missing it and having trouble because of that).

 Provided that you have only a CD-ROM and no net access, there doesn't
 seem to be a way to get the DRI working in Debian currently.
 Theoretically, by the time of release, Debian will include kernel
 sources that can be actually used with the DRI modules it ships.
 That's a nice theory.  The drm sources in 2.4.7 are in sync with the
 ones present in the DRI CVS trunk, which are not in sync with the ones
 released with 4.1.0.

--
Marcelo             | DROP THE SCYTHE, AND TURN AROUND SLOWLY.
mmagallo@debian.org |         -- Dirty Death